BEAUTIFUL, BRIGHT PINK BLOOMS ON A DELICATE ORNAMENTAL FLOWERING CHERRY
- Beautiful soft pink blooms arrive in early Spring along with a light, lime green foliage
- The upright form of this trees gives off a natural elegance, making it the perfect accent tree
- Fall will bring a radiant transition in the foliage to a burnt orange color
- A light fragrance will attract hummingbirds, bumblebees, butterflies, a variety of bird species, and many other important pollinators
- Hand Selected, Fresh from the Grower
- Ships on our trucks because of the size of the tree - does not fit in a box
USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Mature Height: 20' tall
- Mature Width: 20' wide
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Spacing: 20-25' apart
Why plant USDA Organic Kwanzan Japanese Flowering Cherry?
With a Kwanzan Cherry tree, you can have your own personal Cherry Blossom Festival! At the height of spring, this small to medium-sized ornamental tree is thickly set with scores of ruffled, frosted pink flowers. You’ll be snapping pictures like a tourist in your own backyard! And though those frilly Japanese Cherry blossoms receive all the glory, Kwanzan Cherry will also grace your landscape with lovely peach-colored foliage in fall. Plant this vase-shaped beauty as a single specimen underplanted with tulips, or place one on either side of a path in your garden and have the pleasure of walking under a Cherry blossom tree arch each spring.
Thanks to a very generous gift from the People of Japan in 1912, approximately 3,750 Cherry trees are planted along the Tidal Basin in Washington DC. In a ceremony on March 27, 1912 the first lady Helen Taft and the wife of the Japanese ambassador Viscountess Chinda, planted the first two trees together on the northern bank in West Potomac Park. These two original trees are still standing today marked by a large plaque. Each spring our nation’s capital celebrates the National Cherry Blossom Festival. This has become a cherished tradition for many, drawing 1.5 million people to the city each year. In 2012, The United States sent 3000 flowering dogwood trees to Japan to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Japan’s Cherry trees. The trees are a living reminder of the good will and friendship between the two countries.
How to use USDA Organic Kwanzan Japanese Flowering Cherry in the landscape?
Passersby will do a double take with this gorgeous flowering Cherry in your yard! This superb specimen's branches are covered with clusters of large double-pink flowers in spring. And although you can't see them under the blanket of pink ruffles - this tree has leaves too! Beautiful bronzy-green foliage covers the tree when those fluffy pink flowers fade.
Why Bower & Branch?
At Bower & Branch, it’s our job to know and grow trees… especially big trees.
- Trusted, Experienced Growers
- Trusted, Knowledgeable Expertise
- Trusted Brand of Quality Trees Across the United States
We do the hard part. Our trees and plants are grown and cared for by only the best, local growers for years before they find their forever home in your landscape. Bower & Branch is known for having hard-to-find, substantial sizes and selection. The quality of our trees and plants are consistent in health and vigor—always ready for immediate impact in your garden and instant curb appeal. We never rush our trees to reach a ‘grade size.’ Our trees are grown for quality height, vigor, health and age.
We believe in empowering homeowners with the truth about strong, healthy and structurally sound plants that are grown to perform in the ground after they leave the nursery for home delivery, always fresh inventory from the grower.
Tread lightly, shrink your footprint, and let yourself grow with USDA Certified Organic Trees. Organic farming has sprung up drastically in importance and influence, spreading worldwide the philosophy of deeply rooting nature in harmony and enriching the soil we stand upon. Benefitting the gardener, enhancing biodiversity, preserving nature's wildlife, and a true direction to protecting our environment. Choosing organic trees on your property, whether they are fruit, nut, ornamental, or shade trees, begins with their soil and cultivates change taking root in your backyard. Take one BIG TREE step for your garden, and one giant leap towards a greener world.
What does it mean to be USDA Organically grown?
- USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years.
- No pesticides for us, please! Organically grown crops are highly regulated on what can and cannot be used for pest control—worried about harsh chemicals that have been sprayed on your plant? There is only a small number of approved synthetic chemicals that are allowed to be used. Otherwise, farmers use strict biological, mechanical, and physical management practices.
- Not just any type of seeds are used to grow and harvest organic plants: farmers can only use organic seeds or organically raised seedlings in their organic fields.
- Only the best handling is allowed! Organic and non-organic crops are not allowed to be commingled or near each other. Cross-contamination can occur, botching the organic plant's purity due to non-organic substances that could have been sprayed on non-organic harvests; this would cause the organic plant to be considered compromised.
- Fields are carefully cultivated through crop rotation and proper tillage practices to ensure that the soil and the soil's nutrients are kept at a happy balance. Animal manure, not sludge, is allowed to help infuse the soil with nitrogen to support the growth of the organic crops.
How To Plant USDA Organic Kwanzan Japanese Flowering Cherry
These Flowering Cherries like being planted in sunny locations and can grow in most soil conditions. Once you have your Cherry planted, make sure the soil is moist, without being constantly wet. As with most trees, a once a year fertilizing for about the first few years will give your tree the nutrients it needs to provide new, healthy growth and flowers for the following season. Apply a low rate fertilizer once in the fall. The Kwanzan Cherry doesn’t send out suckers very much at all and it only requires pruning when you feel that it is needed. There are those “lucky” trees that Japanese Beetles like to munch on and Flowering Cherries are one of them. There are a few ways to prevent or control beetle damage to your trees. Insecticide concentrates and sprays are available that can either be watered in around the base of the infected tree or sprayed on the foliage or beetles.
How To Water
Flowering Cherry will appreciate watering deeply, and regularly during its first few years in the ground. Irrigate weekly, and especially during long dry spells or extreme heat after it’s established.
How To Fertilize
Incorporate Elements Starter Plant food granular form into the soil when planting. If planting in spring or summer, start fertilizing late fall using Elements Starter Plant food granular form on an annual basis each late fall. Continue this for the first three years to get your plant well established.
How To Prune
Kwanzan Japanese Cherry trees do not require pruning unless you spot any "dieback" or dead and diseased branching, or any limbs that may seem too heavy for the base of tree! You can also always prune your Kwanzan to your desired shape! Make sure that any pruning takes place after the blooming season has ended.
Hardiness Zone: 5-8
How Does Shipping Work?
Bower & Branch Trees, the real BIG trees, don’t fit in a box! Our large trees require expert delivery and care, that means our large trees are shipped on Bower & Branch trucks. We are the only ones who know how to ship our big and bigger trees and plants with tender loving care.
We deliver your trees and plants directly to your driveway or curbside! Ask Bower & Branch about planting services and rates – we'd be happy to assist in installation.
*Big trees and shrubs, Size XL (A) and bigger, will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to be delivered. - Sizes Large (AA) and smaller (Treelings, Shrubs, Bushes, and Perennials) will be shipped directly to your home by a local common carrier in a plant-safe box.
How Does Sizing Work?
The size of our trees have nothing to do with the container size like you may find elsewhere–big doesn't mean just height - it’s also vigor, age, and overall health.. Other online retailers are going to tell you that a plant is a seven gallon, that means nothing to your tree or plant (or you.)
Our trees for sale online are graded on large, x-large, and even bigger sizes. This is because our trees are sized by their age—the higher the letter, the more mature the tree. The age determines the trees’ overall height, size of the trunk and the overall branch density.
All of these characteristics are what you should be looking for when choosing a tree for immediate impact and instant curb appeal. Our extra-large tree and plant sizes are sure to wow you and your neighbors!
See the size guides below.
90 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:
Bower & Branch guarantees customer satisfaction within all product groups and sizes. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the product or experience, you have 90 days from the original date of purchase to request a replacement of the purchased product(s).
Reach out to a Plant Whisperer:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 866-873-3888
- Or via Online Chat
Bower & Branch offers a Three-Year Tree Guarantee on all of our trees, sizes X-Large (A) and up. Only the finest and the most experienced growers are awarded the opportunity to grow for Bower & Branch, so we offer the best guarantee available.
If your tree(s) should fail for any reason during the three-year guarantee period, you will receive an online gift card in the amount that you originally spent on the tree.* You can then use this online gift card for any Bower & Branch Purchase.
* Bower & Branch provides online gift cards in the amount of the original purchase price of the tree(s). The amount does not include any additional costs such as delivery, planting, tax, or any other products or services. Online gift cards can be applied towards any Bower & Branch purchase on BowerandBranch.com and have no expiration dates. Bower & Branch does not guarantee tree replacement or availability of any desired product at any time. Cash refunds are not offered. Bower & Branch requires that all original tags and receipts are present when a guarantee request is initiated. The Bower & Branch Three-Year Guarantee only applies to plant material that has been planted in the ground. Container plantings are NOT covered.
At Bower & Branch, we do our best to honor all guarantee fulfillment requests to ensure customer satisfaction. However, we reserve the right to refuse the request if the required guarantee steps were not satisfied. Bower & Branch also reserves the right to deny any guarantee fulfillment request that is made as a result of animal damage, problems with plant hardiness and zone issues, or acts of nature (snow storms, hurricanes, and similar).