BUTTERY, SWEET, AND FUN TO HARVEST
- In the spring, greenish-yellow catkins appear and nestle among long foliage
- Spring and summer provides large fan-like leaves that give lovely shade for you and your garden
- In the fall, loads of sweet Pecans will be gifted for you
- Attracts pollinators and songbirds
- Hand selected fresh from the Grower
- Ships on our trucks because of the size of the tree - does not fit in a box
USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Mature Height: 40-60' tall
- Mature Width: 30-50' wide
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Spacing: 30-50' apart
Why plant USDA Organic Pecan?
Looking for a tree to provide bountiful harvests for generations to come? Then the Pecan is what you've been looking for! Thousands of years before the colonization of the Americas, the Indigenous people of the land utilized the abundant harvest this tree provides for sustenance. With the arrival of settlers came the worldwide demand for these flavorful nuts, with the first recorded shipment to England occurring in 1761. Pecan trees are large, native trees reaching heights of 70’ up to, and even in some cases, surpassing 100’. The Pecan tree is monoecious; one tree produces both male and female blooms and are capable of self-pollination. With that being said, you will achieve a larger harvest having at least one more planted close by!
The mighty Pecan is an American tree that has nourished both humans and wildlife here for thousands of years. It’s found primarily in the midsection of the country, where it follows the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers. In these moist, fertile lands, it flourishes, growing more quickly than other Hickory Trees (Pecan is a type of Hickory). Thomas Jefferson was a fan of Pecans. He planted several at Monticello, and he convinced his friend, George Washington, to plant some at Mt. Vernon as well. Uncommon on the East Coast, Pecans were known as “Illinois Nuts” to Jefferson.
How to use USDA Organic Pecan in the landscape?
When considering the Pecan Tree for your property, there are some aspects you must look into. The yield of the Pecan Tree changes year to year, offering more abundance one year to the next. Areas in full sunlight will do this tree wonders, but don't underestimate the adaptability of soil types allowing for a wide variety of planting locations. This is the type of tree to plant on generational properties for your family to enjoy and harvest for years to come as some trees have been known to live upwards of 300 years or more! The fruits or nuts of the Pecan Tree are favored by many wildlife creatures, as well as people, and have been utilized in cooking and baking for many years. These trees should be planted at least 30’ apart, and 20’ or more from buildings. Locations offering full sun, and well draining soil will offer you the best growth possible. The Pecan tree does require space to grow, so although this may seem like a tree fitting for a home with more yard space, try donating some to a local park and enjoy the harvest with the community!
USDA Certified Organic Grown Trees
Tread lightly, shrink your footprint, and let yourself grow with USDA Certified Organic Trees. Organic farming has sprung up drastically in importance and influence, spreading worldwide the philosophy of deeply rooting nature in harmony and enriching the soil we stand upon. Benefitting the gardener, enhancing biodiversity, preserving nature's wildlife, and a true direction to protecting our environment. Choosing organic trees on your property, whether they are fruit, nut, ornamental, or shade trees, begins with their soil and cultivates change taking root in your backyard. Take one BIG TREE step for your garden, and one giant leap towards a greener world.
What does it mean to be USDA Organically grown?
- USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years.
- No pesticides for us, please! Organically grown crops are highly regulated on what can and cannot be used for pest control—worried about harsh chemicals that have been sprayed on your plant? There is only a small number of approved synthetic chemicals that are allowed to be used. Otherwise, farmers use strict biological, mechanical, and physical management practices.
- Not just any type of seeds are used to grow and harvest organic plants: farmers can only use organic seeds or organically raised seedlings in their organic fields.
- Only the best handling is allowed! Organic and non-organic crops are not allowed to be commingled or near each other. Cross-contamination can occur, botching the organic plant's purity due to non-organic substances that could have been sprayed on non-organic harvests; this would cause the organic plant to be considered compromised.
- Fields are carefully cultivated through crop rotation and proper tillage practices to ensure that the soil and the soil's nutrients are kept at a happy balance. Animal manure, not sludge, is allowed to help infuse the soil with nitrogen to support the growth of the organic crops.
Hardiness Zone: 5-9
How To Plant USDA Organic Pecan
Being native to the Americas aids in this tree's adaptability to most soil types found locally. We find that full sun will do your Pecan best when considering the health and harvest of this tree. Remember to water accordingly and fertilize when necessary to ensure proper growth!
How To Water
Newly planted Pecan trees do not require as much water as you would think. You may achieve a healthy Pecan tree by watering once a week, making sure to penetrate at least 6'' but for best results upwards of 8” will do wonders!
How To Fertilize
After planting your Pecan Tree, you may apply fertilizer in early spring to promote the health and growth of your new Pecan tree. Here at Bower & Branch, we offer our all natural Elements Starter Plant Food, giving your tree everything it needs to thrive in its new forever home!
How To Prune
Pruning Pecan trees should occur come winter's end, before the start of new growth. This is normally required at least once every three years on mature trees. Keeping this pruning practice will reduce crowding of branches and allow sunlight and air to reach evenly throughout the tree. You may want to pay attention to any branches growing at tighter angles, for they will be weak and possibly break off!
How Does Shipping Work?
Bower & Branch Trees, the real BIG trees, don’t fit in a box! Our big trees, sizes XL and bigger, require expert delivery and care, that means our extra-large trees are shipped on Bower & Branch trucks. We are the only ones who know how to ship our big and bigger trees and plants with tender loving care.
We deliver your trees and plants directly to you. Ask Bower & Branch about planting services – we'd be happy to assist in installation.
*Big trees and shrubs, Size XL and bigger, will take approximately 2 to 3 weeks to be delivered.
Your trees and plants are grown across the United States at various Bower & Branch Growers. Depending on your location, your plant orders may be shipped from various locations.
Please expect orders with multiple items to be delivered over a number of days as a result. Orders made up of numerous items or selections will not arrive at your home on the same day.
From time to time, Bower & Branch Growers may determine to delay order shipment based on various factors for plant health.
Weather in your region, as well as, where your plants are grown, is always considered when shipping. Extreme weather conditions may delay some or all of your order.
Bower & Branch allows our Growers to make final shipping decisions based solely to benefit your trees and plants’ health and success.
Bower & Branch Plant Whisperers - Online Customer Service
The Bower & Branch customer service team WILL surprise you with experience. The Plant Whisperer Team is available to all of our customers for all reasons: shipping updates, special requests, plant care, design, placement, selection and all your other gardening needs!
Our Service Team is directly connected to the best growers (ours!) across the country and have access to more plant experience and knowledge than any other retailer out there; online or in your neighborhood. Chat with a Plant Whisperer today!
PlantWhisperers@bowerandbranch.com | (866) 873-3888 | Chat below!
How Does Sizing Work?
The size of our trees have nothing to do with the container size like you may find elsewhere–big doesn't mean just height - it’s also vigor, age, and overall health. Other online retailers are going to tell you that a plant is a seven gallon, that means nothing to your tree or plant (or you.)
Our trees for sale online are graded on large, x-large, and even bigger sizes. This is because our trees are sized by their age—the higher the letter, the more mature the tree. The age determines the trees’ overall height, size of the trunk and the overall branch density.
All of these characteristics are what you should be looking for when choosing a tree for immediate impact and instant curb appeal. Our extra-large tree and plant sizes are sure to wow you and your neighbors!
See the size guides below.
90 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:
Bower & Branch guarantees customer satisfaction within all product groups and sizes. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the product or experience, you have 90 days from the original date of purchase to request a replacement of the purchased product(s).
Reach out to a Plant Whisperer:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 866-873-3888
- Or via Online Chat
Bower & Branch offers a Three-Year Tree Guarantee on all of our trees, sizes X-Large (A) and up. Only the finest and the most experienced growers are awarded the opportunity to grow for Bower & Branch, so we offer the best guarantee available.
If your tree(s) should fail for any reason during the three-year guarantee period, you will receive an online gift card in the amount that you originally spent on the tree.* You can then use this online gift card for any Bower & Branch Purchase.
* Bower & Branch provides online gift cards in the amount of the original purchase price of the tree(s). The amount does not include any additional costs such as delivery, planting, tax, or any other products or services. Online gift cards can be applied towards any Bower & Branch purchase on BowerandBranch.com and have no expiration dates. Bower & Branch does not guarantee tree replacement or availability of any desired product at any time. Cash refunds are not offered. Bower & Branch requires that all original tags and receipts are present when a guarantee request is initiated. The Bower & Branch Three-Year Guarantee only applies to plant material that has been planted in the ground. Container plantings are NOT covered.
At Bower & Branch, we do our best to honor all guarantee fulfillment requests to ensure customer satisfaction. However, we reserve the right to refuse the request if the required guarantee steps were not satisfied. Bower & Branch also reserves the right to deny any guarantee fulfillment request that is made as a result of animal damage, problems with plant hardiness and zone issues, or acts of nature (snow storms, hurricanes, and similar).