THE QUEEN OF ALL SWEET PEACHES AND AN IRRESISTIBLE FIRST BITE
- Yellow tinted red, medium sized fruits with a decadently sweet deep red flesh
- Dark green foliage and a famously beautiful late season pink bloom
- Self-pollinating but planting with another will boost your harvest
- Heavy fruit bearing, mid-summer harvest
- Fruit is perfect for baking, canning, or eating fresh off the tree
- Hand Selected, Fresh from our Grower
- Ships on our trucks because of the size of the tree - does not fit in a box
USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Mature Height: 12-15' tall
- Mature Width: 12-15' wide
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Spacing: 12-15' apart
Why plant USDA Organic Redhaven Peach?
Peach cobbler, peach pie, juicy fresh peaches right off the tree—these are some of the things you and your family will look forward to every summer when you grow a Redhaven Peach Tree in your yard. If you can possibly hold off on eating them all fresh, this variety is also good for canning and freezing. Your Redhaven Peach Tree will not only deliver tasty treats in summer, but it will be a feast for the eyes throughout the year as well. In early spring, Redhaven will be the darling of your landscape when its pretty pink Peach blossoms unfurl, and in the fall, it will draw oohs and ahhs when the foliage turns luminous yellow.
Redhaven is a sweet, juicy, red-flushed peach that was developed by master fruit breeder Dr. Stanley Johnston at the Michigan State University Experiment Station in South Haven in 1940. This classic all-purpose peach still ranks near the very top of peach varieties grown commercially, and Redhaven is often the same peach you’ll find at the supermarket. With your own tree, however, you won’t have to buy peaches rock-hard from the store and let them soften to a so-so flavor. Instead, you’ll enjoy fruits that have had a chance to develop their maximum concentration of natural sugars by ripening on the tree. You’ll also have total control over what pesticides are sprayed—or not—on your tree.
How to use USDA Organic Redhaven Peach in the landscape?
Tired of the kids asking what there is to snack on? Peaches are nutritional powerhouses, and a Redhaven Peach Tree outside your door will put wholesome sweet treats just a few steps away. Low-calorie peaches deliver at least ten vitamins, such as vitamins A, C, and E, as well as several minerals such as potassium. They are also a delicious source of antioxidants—scientists are still discovering the numerous health benefits of these powerful, all-natural plant chemicals.
USDA Certified Organic Grown Trees
Tread lightly, shrink your footprint, and let yourself grow with USDA Certified Organic Trees. Organic farming has sprung up drastically in importance and influence, spreading worldwide the philosophy of deeply rooting nature in harmony and enriching the soil we stand upon. Benefitting the gardener, enhancing biodiversity, preserving nature's wildlife, and a true direction to protecting our environment. Choosing organic trees on your property, whether they are fruit, nut, ornamental, or shade trees, begins with their soil and cultivates change taking root in your backyard. Take one BIG TREE step for your garden, and one giant leap towards a greener world.
What does it mean to be USDA Organically grown?
- USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years.
- No pesticides for us, please! Organically grown crops are highly regulated on what can and cannot be used for pest control—worried about harsh chemicals that have been sprayed on your plant? There is only a small number of approved synthetic chemicals that are allowed to be used. Otherwise, farmers use strict biological, mechanical, and physical management practices.
- Not just any type of seeds are used to grow and harvest organic plants: farmers can only use organic seeds or organically raised seedlings in their organic fields.
- Only the best handling is allowed! Organic and non-organic crops are not allowed to be commingled or near each other. Cross-contamination can occur, botching the organic plant's purity due to non-organic substances that could have been sprayed on non-organic harvests; this would cause the organic plant to be considered compromised.
- Fields are carefully cultivated through crop rotation and proper tillage practices to ensure that the soil and the soil's nutrients are kept at a happy balance. Animal manure, not sludge, is allowed to help infuse the soil with nitrogen to support the growth of the organic crops.
Hardiness Zone: 5-8
How To Plant USDA Organic Redhaven Peach
The Redhaven Peach Tree prefers a warm, sunny site in a location with good air circulation. The soil must drain freely, as Peach Trees won’t tolerate soggy soil; however, don’t let your tree get too dry, especially during its critical establishment phase. Using the Elements™ Watering System will ensure the right amount of moisture reaches your tree’s roots. Redhaven is self-pollinating, so it will set fruit all by itself, though yields will be heavier if a different variety of Peach Tree blooms nearby. Peaches can be a bit challenging for novice growers in some parts of the country due to local pest and disease issues.
How To Water
Water deeply, and regularly during its first few years in the ground. Irrigate weekly, and especially during prolonged dry spells or extreme heat after it’s established. It is essential to water your cherry tree 2-3 times a week, applying the water slowly to go deeper to the root system.
How To Fertilize
Incorporate Elements Starter Plant food granular form into the soil when planting. If planting in spring or summer, start fertilizing late fall using Elements Starter Plant food granular form on an annual basis each late fall. Continue this for the first three years to get your plant well established.
How To Prune
For shape training and maintaining a great yield of fruit, prune regularly in early to mid spring. Once well trained, prune after the fruiting season.
How Does Shipping Work?
Bower & Branch Trees, the real BIG trees, don’t fit in a box! Our large trees require expert delivery and care, that means our large trees are shipped on Bower & Branch trucks. We are the only ones who know how to ship our big and bigger trees and plants with tender loving care.
We deliver your trees and plants directly to your driveway or curbside! Ask Bower & Branch about planting services and rates – we'd be happy to assist in installation.
*Big trees and shrubs, Size XL (A) and bigger, will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to be delivered. - Sizes Large (AA) and smaller (Treelings, Shrubs, Bushes, and Perennials) will be shipped directly to your home by a local common carrier in a plant-safe box.
How Does Sizing Work?
The size of our trees have nothing to do with the container size like you may find elsewhere–big doesn't mean just height - it’s also vigor, age, and overall health.. Other online retailers are going to tell you that a plant is a seven gallon, that means nothing to your tree or plant (or you.)
Our trees for sale online are graded on large, x-large, and even bigger sizes. This is because our trees are sized by their age—the higher the letter, the more mature the tree. The age determines the trees’ overall height, size of the trunk and the overall branch density.
All of these characteristics are what you should be looking for when choosing a tree for immediate impact and instant curb appeal. Our extra-large tree and plant sizes are sure to wow you and your neighbors!
See the size guides below.
90 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:
Bower & Branch guarantees customer satisfaction within all product groups and sizes. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the product or experience, you have 90 days from the original date of purchase to request a replacement of the purchased product(s).
Reach out to a Plant Whisperer:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 866-873-3888
- Or via Online Chat
Bower & Branch offers a Three-Year Tree Guarantee on all of our trees, sizes X-Large (A) and up. Only the finest and the most experienced growers are awarded the opportunity to grow for Bower & Branch, so we offer the best guarantee available.
If your tree(s) should fail for any reason during the three-year guarantee period, you will receive an online gift card in the amount that you originally spent on the tree.* You can then use this online gift card for any Bower & Branch Purchase.
* Bower & Branch provides online gift cards in the amount of the original purchase price of the tree(s). The amount does not include any additional costs such as delivery, planting, tax, or any other products or services. Online gift cards can be applied towards any Bower & Branch purchase on BowerandBranch.com and have no expiration dates. Bower & Branch does not guarantee tree replacement or availability of any desired product at any time. Cash refunds are not offered. Bower & Branch requires that all original tags and receipts are present when a guarantee request is initiated. The Bower & Branch Three-Year Guarantee only applies to plant material that has been planted in the ground. Container plantings are NOT covered.
At Bower & Branch, we do our best to honor all guarantee fulfillment requests to ensure customer satisfaction. However, we reserve the right to refuse the request if the required guarantee steps were not satisfied. Bower & Branch also reserves the right to deny any guarantee fulfillment request that is made as a result of animal damage, problems with plant hardiness and zone issues, or acts of nature (snow storms, hurricanes, and similar).