QUIRKY TREE WITH A LATE SEASON BRIGHT YELLOW BLOOM
- Deep green foliage arrives in spring and lasts until fall
- The perfect tree for an end of the year bloom - blooming in early fall, bright yellow ribbon like blooms drape along each stem and last until early winter
- Attracts many important pollinators including Monarch Butterflies and Honeybees
- Hand selected fresh from the Grower
- Ships on our trucks because of the size of the tree - does not fit in a box
USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Mature Height: 15-30' tall
- Mature Width: 15-25' wide
- Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Spacing: 15-25' apart
Why plant USDA Organic Common Witchhazel?
Combining beauty and function into one package with Witch Hazel trees, known for their fantastic fall foliage and sweetly scented flowers to their incredible homeopathic healing qualities. The handsome architecture of this tree adds a unique flair to any landscape! Clusters of emerging ribbon-like flowers and crinkled petals scattered all over the tree going from green to a brilliant golden yellow in the fall. An absolute showpiece in your garden in all its floral splendor lasting all through fall! This picturesque woodland tree is a must-have for you and the birds to enjoy all year long!
The first clue to the Native Americans that there was something unusually special about Witch Hazel may have been the golden flowers blooming in the dead of winter. Many Native Americans like the Osage, Potawatomi, and Mohegans used Witch Hazel bark to treat skin ulcers and sores. They would steam the twigs and branches over hot rocks in their sweat lodges to soothe sore muscles. They also taught English settlers about dowsing, an ancient method for finding underground water using Y-shaped witch hazel sticks. When water was below them, the sticks would bend downward. Native Americans believed Witch Hazel to have many magical powers, which in the eyes of modern medicine have shown to be true. Now being mass-produced throughout the world known as the "Golden Treasure," an astringent to heal the skin from wounds, scars and help stop bleeding are just a few of its qualities. As one of the only medicinal plants approved by the FDA, Witch Hazel has been benefitting not just landscapes but also human health for centuries. Another gift from the Native Americans teaching us about these incredible woodland shrubs!
How to use USDA Organic Common Witchhazel in the landscape?
Adding a splash of color to any garden, and imagine having a tree that flowers in February and March? In all that gloomy dormancy, you’ll see Witch Hazel emerging in life!
USDA Certified Organic Grown Trees
Tread lightly, shrink your footprint, and let yourself grow with USDA Certified Organic Trees. Organic farming has sprung up drastically in importance and influence, spreading worldwide the philosophy of deeply rooting nature in harmony and enriching the soil we stand upon. Benefitting the gardener, enhancing biodiversity, preserving nature's wildlife, and a true direction to protecting our environment. Choosing organic trees on your property, whether they are fruit, nut, ornamental, or shade trees, begins with their soil and cultivates change taking root in your backyard. Take one BIG TREE step for your garden, and one giant leap towards a greener world.
What does it mean to be USDA Organically grown?
- USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years.
- No pesticides for us, please! Organically grown crops are highly regulated on what can and cannot be used for pest control—worried about harsh chemicals that have been sprayed on your plant? There is only a small number of approved synthetic chemicals that are allowed to be used. Otherwise, farmers use strict biological, mechanical, and physical management practices.
- Not just any type of seeds are used to grow and harvest organic plants: farmers can only use organic seeds or organically raised seedlings in their organic fields.
- Only the best handling is allowed! Organic and non-organic crops are not allowed to be commingled or near each other. Cross-contamination can occur, botching the organic plant's purity due to non-organic substances that could have been sprayed on non-organic harvests; this would cause the organic plant to be considered compromised.
- Fields are carefully cultivated through crop rotation and proper tillage practices to ensure that the soil and the soil's nutrients are kept at a happy balance. Animal manure, not sludge, is allowed to help infuse the soil with nitrogen to support the growth of the organic crops.
Hardiness Zone: 4-8
How To Plant USDA Organic Common Witchhazel
Witch Hazel likes a soil enriched with compost and appreciates shade during the hottest hours of the day (around 1pm to 3pm). Don’t worry about protecting the blossoms from frost! They can handle it. The strappy flowers contract on extremely cold days and unfurl again on milder ones.
How To Water
Witch Hazel will appreciate regular water during its first few years in the ground and irrigation during long dry spells after it’s established.
How To Fertilize
Incorporate Elements Starter Plant food granular form into the soil when planting. If planting in spring or summer, start fertilizing late fall using Elements Starter Plant food granular form on an annual basis each late fall. Continue this for the first three years to get your plant well established.
How To Prune
If needed, prune your Common Witch Hazel in early spring, before your tree begins to leaf out.
How Does Shipping Work?
Bower & Branch Trees, the real BIG trees, don’t fit in a box! Our big trees, sizes XL and bigger, require expert delivery and care, that means our extra-large trees are shipped on Bower & Branch trucks. We are the only ones who know how to ship our big and bigger trees and plants with tender loving care.
We deliver your trees and plants directly to you. Ask Bower & Branch about planting services – we'd be happy to assist in installation..
*Big trees and shrubs, Size XL and bigger, will take approximately 2 to 3 weeks to be delivered.
Your trees and plants are grown across the United States at various Bower & Branch Gowers. Depending on your location, your plant orders may be shipped from various locations.
Please expect orders with multiple items to be delivered over a number of days as a result. Orders made up of numerous items or selections will not arrive at your home on the same day.
From time to time, Bower & Branch Growers may determine to delay order shipment based on various factors for plant health.
Weather in your region, as well as, where your plants are grown, is always considered when shipping. Extreme weather conditions may delay some or all of your order.
Bower & Branch allows our Growers to make final shipping decisions based solely to benefit your trees and plants’ health and success.
Bower & Branch Plant Whisperers - Online Customer Service
The Bower & Branch customer service team WILL surprise you with experience. The Plant Whisperer Team is available to all of our customers for all reasons: shipping updates, special requests, plant care, design, placement, selection and all your other gardening needs!
Our Service Team is directly connected to the best growers (ours!) across the country and have access to more plant experience and knowledge than any other retailer out there; online or in your neighborhood. Chat with a Plant Whisperer today!
PlantWhisperers@bowerandbranch.com | (866) 873-3888 | Chat below!
How Does Sizing Work?
The size of our trees have nothing to do with the container size like you may find elsewhere–big doesn't mean just height - it’s also vigor, age, and overall health.. Other online retailers are going to tell you that a plant is a seven gallon, that means nothing to your tree or plant (or you.)
Our trees for sale online are graded on large, x-large, and even bigger sizes. This is because our trees are sized by their age—the higher the letter, the more mature the tree. The age determines the trees’ overall height, size of the trunk and the overall branch density.
All of these characteristics are what you should be looking for when choosing a tree for immediate impact and instant curb appeal. Our extra-large tree and plant sizes are sure to wow you and your neighbors!
See the size guides below.
90 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:
Bower & Branch guarantees customer satisfaction within all product groups and sizes. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the product or experience, you have 90 days from the original date of purchase to request a replacement of the purchased product(s).
Reach out to a Plant Whisperer:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 866-873-3888
- Or via Online Chat
Bower & Branch offers a Three-Year Tree Guarantee on all of our trees, sizes X-Large (A) and up. Only the finest and the most experienced growers are awarded the opportunity to grow for Bower & Branch, so we offer the best guarantee available.
If your tree(s) should fail for any reason during the three-year guarantee period, you will receive an online gift card in the amount that you originally spent on the tree.* You can then use this online gift card for any Bower & Branch Purchase.
* Bower & Branch provides online gift cards in the amount of the original purchase price of the tree(s). The amount does not include any additional costs such as delivery, planting, tax, or any other products or services. Online gift cards can be applied towards any Bower & Branch purchase on BowerandBranch.com and have no expiration dates. Bower & Branch does not guarantee tree replacement or availability of any desired product at any time. Cash refunds are not offered. Bower & Branch requires that all original tags and receipts are present when a guarantee request is initiated. The Bower & Branch Three-Year Guarantee only applies to plant material that has been planted in the ground. Container plantings are NOT covered.
At Bower & Branch, we do our best to honor all guarantee fulfillment requests to ensure customer satisfaction. However, we reserve the right to refuse the request if the required guarantee steps were not satisfied. Bower & Branch also reserves the right to deny any guarantee fulfillment request that is made as a result of animal damage, problems with plant hardiness and zone issues, or acts of nature (snow storms, hurricanes, and similar).