- May Benefit & Attract: finches, chickadees & titmice, mockingbirds & thrashers, wood warblers, sparrows, nuthatches, wrens, thrushes, crows & jays, cardinals & grosbeaks, waxwings, orioles, woodpeckers, vireos
- The National Audubon Society protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow.
- This bird-friendly native trees provides food and shelter for local and migrating birds and other wildlife
- All Audubon® branded trees are grown 100% Neonic-free by Bower & Branch, making these plants safer for the birds and safer for the environment.
- Hand Selected, Fresh from the Grower
- Ships in a plant-safe designed box
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Mature Height: 15-30' tall
- Mature Width: 15-25' wide
- Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Spacing: 15-25' apart
Audubon® Native Plants & Trees
Audubon is devoted to protecting birds and the places they need, while Bower & Branch is devoted to the growth of true native trees and plants–no cultivars or hybrids. Together, we strive to unite communities in conservation and inspire individuals to cultivate a better world for birds starting in their own backyards, balconies, or patios. By guiding and recommending trees and plants truly native and beneficial to your region, we can really start to make a difference.
What is the definition of Native?
“In the United States, a native plant is defined as one that was naturally found in a particular area before European colonization. Native plants are the foundation of a region’s biodiversity, providing essential food sources and shelter for birds, especially those threatened by the changing climate. Since native plants are adapted to local precipitation and soil conditions, they generally require less upkeep, therefore helping the environment and saving you time, water, and money.” – The National Audubon Society
Learn how you can help birds in your home and community through Audubon’s Plants for Birds program.
Audubon® is a licensed and registered trademark of the National Audubon Society. All rights reserved.
Hardiness Zone: 4-8
How Does Shipping Work?
It was a delight to receive this healthy young native witch hazel tree. The packing was the best I’ve ever seen for plants. The tree itself is beautifully shaped and full. Could not be happier and I look forward to the time I next buy a plant from Bower and Branch.
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! If you ever have any questions about your new Witchhazel, please don't hesitate to reach out! We are here to help =)
- Bower & Branch Plant Whisperers