- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Mature Height: 25' tall
- Mature Width: 25' wide
- Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Spacing: 25-30' apart
USDA ORGANIC STUNNING PINK AND WHITE FLOWERING DOGWOOD
- USDA Certified Organically grown Dogwood
- Pretty pink, four-petalled flowers bloom in abundance in the spring
- Fall brings lovely shades of purple and red leaves
- From summer to winter, you'll enjoy watching birds fest on the glossy red berries
- This bird-friendly native tree provides food and shelter for local and migrating birds and other wildlife
- Hand Selected, Fresh from the Grower
- Ships on our trucks because of the size of the tree - does not fit in a box
Why the USDA Organic Cherokee Brave® Flowering Dogwood?
Cherokee Brave® Flowering Dogwood is a captivating small tree you’ll want to plant outside your living room, dining room, or kitchen window, so you can enjoy it all year long. In spring, you’ll watch this king of ornamental trees blanket itself in coral-pink to white flowers the size and shape of butterflies perched on the branch tips. Summer brings lush green foliage to shade an intimate space for dining, playing, or relaxing. Deep red leaves follow in fall, but wait—there’s more! Songbirds will return again and again to the Cherokee Brave® Dogwood Tree Café to gather the glossy red fruits in autumn and winter. It’s a 365-day nature show, and you’ll have a front-row seat.
Cherokee Brave® couldn’t help but be noticed when it appeared on the scene. A chance seedling at the nursery of the late Hubert Nicholson of Decherd, Tennessee, it quickly outpaced its siblings, growing one and a half times as fast as other red-blooming Dogwoods. Its leaves were bigger, too, and the new growth was infused with rich purplish-red tones. In time, other distinctions became apparent—most importantly, the new tree seemed to have built-in defenses against powdery mildew and anthracnose. It was awarded a patent in 1997.
Tread lightly, shrink your footprint, and let yourself grow with USDA Certified Organic Trees. Organic farming has sprung up drastically in importance and influence, spreading worldwide the philosophy of deeply rooting nature in harmony and enriching the soil we stand upon. Benefitting the gardener, enhancing biodiversity, preserving nature's wildlife, and a true direction to protecting our environment. Choosing organic trees on your property, whether they are fruit, nut, ornamental, or shade trees, begins with their soil and cultivates change taking root in your backyard. Take one BIG TREE step for your garden, and one giant leap towards a greener world.
How to use in the landscape?
This "Brave" will conquer your garden, with color for different seasons. Fast-growing and mildew resistant, do you really need more reasons? Red and white flowers bloom in spring, before the new foliage appears. Leaves in summer are deep dark green, but only until Autumn nears. The weather cools and Autumn arrives, leaves change to burgundy red. Not only leaves, but berries as well, red berries is what I said!
What does it mean to be USDA Organically grown?
- USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years.
- No pesticides for us, please! Organically grown crops are highly regulated on what can and cannot be used for pest control—worried about harsh chemicals that have been sprayed on your plant? There is only a small number of approved synthetic chemicals that are allowed to be used. Otherwise, farmers use strict biological, mechanical, and physical management practices.
- Not just any type of seeds are used to grow and harvest organic plants: farmers can only use organic seeds or organically raised seedlings in their organic fields.
- Only the best handling is allowed! Organic and non-organic crops are not allowed to be commingled or near each other. Cross-contamination can occur, botching the organic plant's purity due to non-organic substances that could have been sprayed on non-organic harvests; this would cause the organic plant to be considered compromised.
- Fields are carefully cultivated through crop rotation and proper tillage practices to ensure that the soil and the soil's nutrients are kept at a happy balance. Animal manure, not sludge, is allowed to help infuse the soil with nitrogen to support the growth of the organic crops.
Why Bower & Branch?
At Bower & Branch, it’s our job to know and grow trees… especially big trees.
- Trusted, Experienced Growers
- Trusted, Knowledgeable Expertise
- Trusted Brand of Quality Trees Across the United States
We do the hard part. Our trees and plants are grown and cared for by only the best, local growers for years before they find their forever home in your landscape. Bower & Branch is known for having hard-to-find, substantial sizes and selection. The quality of our trees and plants are consistent in health and vigor—always ready for immediate impact in your garden and instant curb appeal. We never rush our trees to reach a ‘grade size.’ Our trees are grown for quality height, vigor, health and age.
We believe in empowering homeowners with the truth about strong, healthy and structurally sound plants that are grown to perform in the ground after they leave the nursery for home delivery, always fresh inventory from the grower.
Hardiness Zone: 5-9
Mature Height: 25' tall
Mature Width: 25' wide
Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
Spacing: 25-30' apart
How To Plant
These Dogwoods thrive in higher temperatures, but prefer morning sun and afternoon shade. Flowering Dogwoods also like more acidic soil conditions. Be sure to keep your Dogwood watered after planting, they like moist soil, but not constantly wet soil. Apply a low rate tree fertilizer during the fall to promote healthy growth and flowers next spring. Not all trees are perfect however, and there are a couple of common problems that occur: Anthracnose and borer. Anthracnose is a fungal disease that causes dead spots on leaves, twigs, or fruit. Borers are small insects that bore into the woody part of plants. Don’t let this discourage you - there is hope! Your best defense against these problems is proper tree care and maintenance, if your tree is under any stress (too much sun, too much or too little water) that’s when these problems will occur. However, the benefits far outweigh the negatives. You get beautiful flowers in spring, fruit that attracts birds, and great fall color. On top of that, they really don’t need a lot of pruning, but if you feel it’s necessary to prune, please do so after the tree is done flowering in the spring.
How To Water
Water regularly after initial planting. Once established, they are more tolerant of drought conditions, reducing your hand-watering responsibilities.
How To Fertilize
Dogwoods like fertilizer! During fall, feed your Dogwood Bower & Branch Elements Fertilizer once a year for about the first 3 or 4 years - this will give your tree all the nutrients it needs.
How To Prune
Dogwoods should be pruned so that dead branches and twigs that may be diseased can be removed. Do not compost any disease branches, dispose of them appropriately in the garbage.
Hardiness Zones: 5-9
How Does Shipping Work?
Bower & Branch Trees, the real BIG trees, don’t fit in a box! Our large trees require expert delivery and care, that means our large trees are shipped on Bower & Branch trucks. We are the only ones who know how to ship our big and bigger trees and plants with tender loving care.
We deliver your trees and plants directly to your driveway or curbside! Ask Bower & Branch about planting services and rates – we'd be happy to assist in installation.
*Big trees, Size XL (A) and bigger, will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks days to be delivered. - Sizes large (AA) and smaller (Treelings) will be shipped directly to your home by a local common carrier in a plant-safe box.
How Does Sizing Work?
The size of our trees have nothing to do with the container size like you may find elsewhere–big doesn't mean just height - it’s also vigor, age, and overall health.. Other online retailers are going to tell you that a plant is a seven gallon, that means nothing to your tree or plant (or you.)
Our trees for sale online are graded on large, x-large, and even bigger sizes. This is because our trees are sized by their age—the higher the letter, the more mature the tree. The age determines the trees’ overall height, size of the trunk and the overall branch density.
All of these characteristics are what you should be looking for when choosing a tree for immediate impact and instant curb appeal. Our extra-large tree and plant sizes are sure to wow you and your neighbors!
See the size guides below.
90 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:
Bower & Branch guarantees customer satisfaction within all product groups and sizes. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the product or experience, you have 90 days from the original date of purchase to request a replacement of the purchased product(s).
Reach out to a Plant Whisperer:- Email: email@example.com - Phone: 866-873-3888 - Or via Online Chat
Bower & Branch offers a Three-Year Tree Guarantee on all of our trees, sizes X-Large (A) and up. Only the finest and the most experienced growers are awarded the opportunity to grow for Bower & Branch, so we offer the best guarantee available.
If your tree(s) should fail for any reason during the three-year guarantee period, you will receive an online gift card in the amount that you originally spent on the tree.* You can then use this online gift card for any Bower & Branch Purchase.
* Bower & Branch provides online gift cards in the amount of the original purchase price of the tree(s). The amount does not include any additional costs such as delivery, planting, tax, or any other products or services. Online gift cards can be applied towards any Bower & Branch purchase on BowerandBranch.com and have no expiration dates. Bower & Branch does not guarantee tree replacement or availability of any desired product at any time. Cash refunds are not offered. Bower & Branch requires that all original tags and receipts are present when a guarantee request is initiated. The Bower & Branch Three-Year Guarantee only applies to plant material that has been planted in the ground. Container plantings are NOT covered.
At Bower & Branch, we do our best to honor all guarantee fulfillment requests to ensure customer satisfaction. However, we reserve the right to refuse the request if the required guarantee steps were not satisfied. Bower & Branch also reserves the right to deny any guarantee fulfillment request that is made as a result of animal damage, problems with plant hardiness and zone issues, or acts of nature (snow storms, hurricanes, and similar).