A MAGNIFICENT UPRIGHT GROWING OAK WITH A SHOW OF FALL COLORS
- An upright, columnar shaped Oak - perfect for hedgerows or privacy screenings
- Lush, green leaves in spring and summer have a silvery underside
- In fall, the foliage transitions to hues of reds, oranges and yellows
- Wonderful addition to urban landscapes
- Disease resistant and cold hardy
- Hand selected fresh from the Grower
- Ships on our trucks because of the size of the tree - does not fit in a box
USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Mature Height: 40-50' tall
- Mature Width: 15-18' wide
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Spacing: 15-18' apart
Why plant USDA Organic Regal Prince® Oak?
Regal Prince Oak is the tall, dark, and handsome tree your landscape has been dreaming of! This strong and sturdy columnar Oak tree is perfect as a specimen where horizontal space is limited, and a row of Regal Prince Oaks along your property line makes an impressive boundary marker and privacy screen. Closely planted, a border of trees will block views and dampen noise and wind. When the wind does blow, the glossy, deep green leaves will flutter gracefully, flashing their pale silvery-green undersides. This hybrid Oak tree adapts to many types of soils and planting conditions and grows just as happily in the country as it does along the mean streets of the city.
Tree hybridizers are patient people. It can take decades to know if a certain cross is worth introducing. Back in 1974, legendary tree man Earl Cully of Jacksonville, Illinois (best known for his much-loved introduction, Heritage® River Birch) collected acorns from a Columnar English Oak × Swamp White Oak cross he’d made. He raised 1,000 seedlings from that batch; only 6 made the cut. Regal Prince® was one of the chosen few, though it didn’t receive the final stamp of approval—a patent of its own—until 2002. Worth the wait.
How to use USDA Organic Regal Prince® Oak in the landscape?
Always wanted an Oak tree but never thought you had the room for one? Want and ye shall receive! Strong, narrow and upright branching allows this Oak to be planted in tight, less than typical Oak tree planting locations. Dark green leaves and outstanding form makes this a very unique specimen tree for a landscape of any size. Regal Prince® Oak has the upswept look of a Columnar English Oak, but it has inherited many improvements from its American Swamp White parent. Whereas English Oak’s leaves are often mildewed by summer, Regal Prince’s® stay squeaky clean. Regal Prince® is also much more cold-hardy than purebred English Oaks (it has endured -30°F without a shiver), and its branches are stronger than just about any tree you can name, as its Swamp White parent has the strongest wood of any oak. This is one sturdy, vigorous, handsome, long-lived, easy-care tree!
Why Bower & Branch?
At Bower & Branch, it’s our job to know and grow trees… especially big trees.
- Trusted, Experienced Growers
- Trusted, Knowledgeable Expertise
- Trusted Brand of Quality Trees Across the United States
We do the hard part. Our trees and plants are grown and cared for by only the best, local growers for years before they find their forever home in your landscape. Bower & Branch is known for having hard-to-find, substantial sizes and selection. The quality of our trees and plants are consistent in health and vigor—always ready for immediate impact in your garden and instant curb appeal. We never rush our trees to reach a ‘grade size.’ Our trees are grown for quality height, vigor, health and age.
We believe in empowering homeowners with the truth about strong, healthy and structurally sound plants that are grown to perform in the ground after they leave the nursery for home delivery, always fresh inventory from the grower.
Tread lightly, shrink your footprint, and let yourself grow with USDA Certified Organic Trees. Organic farming has sprung up drastically in importance and influence, spreading worldwide the philosophy of deeply rooting nature in harmony and enriching the soil we stand upon. Benefitting the gardener, enhancing biodiversity, preserving nature's wildlife, and a true direction to protecting our environment. Choosing organic trees on your property, whether they are fruit, nut, ornamental, or shade trees, begins with their soil and cultivates change taking root in your backyard. Take one BIG TREE step for your garden, and one giant leap towards a greener world.
What does it mean to be USDA Organically grown?
- USDA Organic crops are grown exclusively on land that has gone without having non-USDA Organic approved substances applied for three years.
- No pesticides for us, please! Organically grown crops are highly regulated on what can and cannot be used for pest control—worried about harsh chemicals that have been sprayed on your plant? There is only a small number of approved synthetic chemicals that are allowed to be used. Otherwise, farmers use strict biological, mechanical, and physical management practices.
- Not just any type of seeds are used to grow and harvest organic plants: farmers can only use organic seeds or organically raised seedlings in their organic fields.
- Only the best handling is allowed! Organic and non-organic crops are not allowed to be commingled or near each other. Cross-contamination can occur, botching the organic plant's purity due to non-organic substances that could have been sprayed on non-organic harvests; this would cause the organic plant to be considered compromised.
- Fields are carefully cultivated through crop rotation and proper tillage practices to ensure that the soil and the soil's nutrients are kept at a happy balance. Animal manure, not sludge, is allowed to help infuse the soil with nitrogen to support the growth of the organic crops.
How To Plant USDA Organic Regal Prince® Oak
Regal Prince® Oak has the upswept look of a Columnar English Oak, but it has inherited many improvements from its American Swamp White parent. Whereas English Oak’s leaves are often mildewed by summer, Regal Prince’s® stay squeaky clean. Regal Prince® is also much more cold-hardy than purebred English Oaks (it has endured -30°F without a shiver), and its branches are stronger than just about any tree you can name, as its Swamp White parent has the strongest wood of any oak. This is one sturdy, vigorous, handsome, long-lived, easy-care tree!
How To Water
Water twice weekly for the first 3-5 weeks; then water weekly for the remainder of the year until winter. When you water, water very slowly and very thoroughly. The water needs to reach to the bottom of the root ball and that takes time. Watering needs may be altered due to extreme weather conditions.
How To Fertilize
Incorporate Elements Starter Plant Food granular form into the soil when planting. If planting in spring or summer, start fertilizing late fall using Elements Starter Plant Food granular form on an annual basis each late fall. Continue this for the first three years to get your plant well established.
How To Prune
Regal Oak does not require pruning!
Hardiness Zone: 4-9
How Does Shipping Work?
Bower & Branch Trees, the real BIG trees, don’t fit in a box! Our large trees require expert delivery and care, that means our large trees are shipped on Bower & Branch trucks. We are the only ones who know how to ship our big and bigger trees and plants with tender loving care.
We deliver your trees and plants directly to your driveway or curbside! Ask Bower & Branch about planting services and rates – we'd be happy to assist in installation.
*Big trees and shrubs, Size XL (A) and bigger, will take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to be delivered. - Sizes Large (AA) and smaller (Treelings, Shrubs, Bushes, and Perennials) will be shipped directly to your home by a local common carrier in a plant-safe box.
How Does Sizing Work?
The size of our trees have nothing to do with the container size like you may find elsewhere–big doesn't mean just height - it’s also vigor, age, and overall health.. Other online retailers are going to tell you that a plant is a seven gallon, that means nothing to your tree or plant (or you.)
Our trees for sale online are graded on large, x-large, and even bigger sizes. This is because our trees are sized by their age—the higher the letter, the more mature the tree. The age determines the trees’ overall height, size of the trunk and the overall branch density.
All of these characteristics are what you should be looking for when choosing a tree for immediate impact and instant curb appeal. Our extra-large tree and plant sizes are sure to wow you and your neighbors!
See the size guides below.
90 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:
Bower & Branch guarantees customer satisfaction within all product groups and sizes. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the product or experience, you have 90 days from the original date of purchase to request a replacement of the purchased product(s).
Reach out to a Plant Whisperer:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 866-873-3888
- Or via Online Chat
Bower & Branch offers a Three-Year Tree Guarantee on all of our trees, sizes X-Large (A) and up. Only the finest and the most experienced growers are awarded the opportunity to grow for Bower & Branch, so we offer the best guarantee available.
If your tree(s) should fail for any reason during the three-year guarantee period, you will receive an online gift card in the amount that you originally spent on the tree.* You can then use this online gift card for any Bower & Branch Purchase.
* Bower & Branch provides online gift cards in the amount of the original purchase price of the tree(s). The amount does not include any additional costs such as delivery, planting, tax, or any other products or services. Online gift cards can be applied towards any Bower & Branch purchase on BowerandBranch.com and have no expiration dates. Bower & Branch does not guarantee tree replacement or availability of any desired product at any time. Cash refunds are not offered. Bower & Branch requires that all original tags and receipts are present when a guarantee request is initiated. The Bower & Branch Three-Year Guarantee only applies to plant material that has been planted in the ground. Container plantings are NOT covered.
At Bower & Branch, we do our best to honor all guarantee fulfillment requests to ensure customer satisfaction. However, we reserve the right to refuse the request if the required guarantee steps were not satisfied. Bower & Branch also reserves the right to deny any guarantee fulfillment request that is made as a result of animal damage, problems with plant hardiness and zone issues, or acts of nature (snow storms, hurricanes, and similar).