FAST GROWING NATIVE TREE WITH GRACEFUL EXFOLIATING BARK
- May Benefit & Attract: American goldfinch, pine siskin, northern junco, blue jay, and the chickadees and sparrows.
- The National Audubon Society protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow.
- All Audubon® branded trees are grown 100% Neonic-free by Bower & Branch, making these plants safer for the birds and safer for the environment.
- The unique catskin “flowers” of a birch tree begin to bloom and form in early spring.
- Enjoy a splendid golden fall show!
- Fast-Growing; with a growth rate of 24” a year.
- Adaptable to different soil types, from average to wet soil.
- Hand selected fresh from the Grower
- Ships on our trucks because of the size of the tree - does not fit in a box
- Hardiness Zone: 3-6
- Mature Height: 20-40' tall
- Mature Width: 10-20' wide
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Spacing: 15-30' apart
Audubon® Native Plants & Trees
Audubon is devoted to protecting birds and the places they need, while Bower & Branch is devoted to the growth of true native trees and plants–no cultivars or hybrids. Together, we strive to unite communities in conservation and inspire individuals to cultivate a better world for birds starting in their own backyards, balconies, or patios. By guiding and recommending trees and plants truly native and beneficial to your region, we can really start to make a difference.
What is the definition of Native?
“In the United States, a native plant is defined as one that was naturally found in a particular area before European colonization. Native plants are the foundation of a region’s biodiversity, providing essential food sources and shelter for birds, especially those threatened by the changing climate. Since native plants are adapted to local precipitation and soil conditions, they generally require less upkeep, therefore helping the environment and saving you time, water, and money.” – The National Audubon Society
Learn how you can help birds in your home and community through Audubon’s Plants for Birds program.
Audubon® is a licensed and registered trademark of the National Audubon Society. All rights reserved.
How Does Sizing Work?
The size of our trees have nothing to do with the container size like you may find elsewhere–big doesn't mean just height - it’s also vigor, age, and overall health.. Other online retailers are going to tell you that a plant is a seven gallon, that means nothing to your tree or plant (or you.)
Our trees for sale online are graded on large, x-large, and even bigger sizes. This is because our trees are sized by their age—the higher the letter, the more mature the tree. The age determines the trees’ overall height, size of the trunk and the overall branch density.
All of these characteristics are what you should be looking for when choosing a tree for immediate impact and instant curb appeal. Our extra-large tree and plant sizes are sure to wow you and your neighbors!
See the size guides below.