THE PERFECT APPLE FOR MAKING CIDER
- Blooms in shades of white adorn this tree during the spring months
- Green foliage covers branches in spring and summer, come fall once green foliage turns yellow before dormancy
- Perfect for making true southern cider
- With this addition to your property Birds and Bees alike will enjoy making a pit stop for pollination as well as a light snack
- Planted in themed fruiting gardens, or utilized to create your own home orchard the possibilities are endless
- Looking to provide yourself with the best harvest possible? Try planting Cortland, Cox's Orange Pippin, or Dolgo varieties in close proximity
- Hand Selected fresh from the Grower
- Ships in a plant-safe designed box
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Mature Height: 10-12' tall
- Mature Width: 10-12' wide
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Spacing: 10-12' apart
Why plant Hewes Edible Crabapple Bare Root?
Hewes Edible Crabapple is a cross between a northern American native wild crabapple and European varieties and is best known in history for its use for southern apple cider. Begin heritage gardening with a sweet twist as both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson had both beloved this crabapple tree dearly for its deliciously sweet and almost butterscotch tasting apples.
Hardiness Zone: 5-9
How To Fertilize
Incorporate Elements Starter Plant food granular form into the soil when planting. If planting in spring or summer, start fertilizing late fall using Elements Starter Plant food granular form on an annual basis each late fall. Continue this for the first three years to get your plant well established.
How Does Shipping Work?
Size Small, Medium, and Large plants (our Treelings, Shrubs, Bushes, and Perennials) will be shipped directly to your home by a common carrier. Ships in a plant-safe designed box within 4-7 business days.
90 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:
Bower & Branch guarantees customer satisfaction within all product groups and sizes. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the product or experience, you have 90 days from the original date of purchase to request a replacement of the purchased product(s).
Reach out to a Plant Whisperer:- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Phone: 866-873-3888 - Or via Online Chat