JUICY, CRIMSON PLUMS WITH A SWEET AND TART FLAVOR
- Deep red to crimson fruits are ready for harvest in mid-late summer
- Highly fragrant, white blooms emerge in spring
- Dark green, pointed leaves in spring and summer turn a golden yellow in fall
- Plums are ideal for baking, preserving, or eating fresh from the tree
- Partially self-pollinating but you'll have a larger harvest with another Japanese Plum nearby
- Cold hardy, fast growing and vigorous
- Hand Selected, Fresh from our Grower
- Ships in a plant-safe designed box
- Due to federal and state laws, we are unable to ship to: LA
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Mature Height: 12-15' tall
- Mature Width: 12-15' wide
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Spacing: 12-15' apart
Why plant Toka Japanese Plum Bare Root?
The Toka Japanese Plum is an excellent tree for the first-time fruit tree grower and will give you the satisfaction of having tasty sun-ripened plums right outside your door, without a lot of fuss. The fruits have a deep crimson skin surrounding an amber flesh that has that classic sweet-tart plum flavor. Toka Japanese Plum is partially self-fertile, meaning that it will set fruit on its own, but if there’s another Plum Tree in the vicinity, you’ll get a bumper crop. After you’ve eaten your share of fresh fruit, you’ll be scanning cookbooks for recipes for plum cobbler, plum preserves, plum chutney, and plum dumplings. Mmm... now we’re getting hungry!
Hardiness Zone: 4-8
How Does Shipping Work?
Size Small, Medium, and Large plants (our Treelings, Shrubs, Bushes, and Perennials) will be shipped directly to your home by a common carrier. Ships in a plant-safe designed box within 4-7 business days.
90 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE:
Bower & Branch guarantees customer satisfaction within all product groups and sizes. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the product or experience, you have 90 days from the original date of purchase to request a replacement of the purchased product(s).
Reach out to a Plant Whisperer:- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Phone: 866-873-3888 - Or via Online Chat
I was pleased with the tree, very nice strong roots, I pruned it and put it in the ground right away, has lots of buds below the cut and I am looking to see when they sprout and give me some branches. I have to keep my trees very small because of limited space. I put the pruned branches in a vase, just for fun, and they bloomed for me, sure sign the tree is alive.